Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Todo en Orden, Basically.




Some of this is repetitive, I am aware. Gracias.



Holy Cow. What a whirlwind of events this week is bringing. I am managing two groups at the moment and picking a third just for tomorrow and Thursday morning. I barely know what day it is! : ) But I’m happy and content. There is never dull moment.

The weekend in Manuel Antonio was great! We saw a montón of crocodiles on the way to the national park, and during the Saturday morning hike, more sloth sightings than I have ever witnessed in my life. Oddly enough, the monkey count was a little down.

On Saturday night, the group went out dancing and this was the first time that I really got to kick back and have fun with the group. It was awesome! I love dancing.

Sunday morning I woke up and took the public bus back to San Jose. Two years ago, a 5 hour public bus ride turned to 13 after a host of problems ensued, so this trip was a much more successful 3 hour ride. : )

Last night, I ate dinner with Nidia and Miguel—a former host family and watched the Costa Rica soccer game with them and Meggie. I love their family. My mama tica even made Tres Leches cake for dessert. Mmm, my favorite. (And that elusive dessert from when my family was here last year.)

Ok, I just polished off two empanadas filled with guayaba jelly from cooking class. I suppose I should go and get some real food now.

My one token day with West Coast starts tomorrow. Que Dios me acompañe. : )

Besitos,
Jessica Lynn




Additional Note: I’ve spent the last couple of days in La Carpio. It’s always an incredible experience. What is love? ¿Qué es el amor? Look below.




No comments:

Post a Comment