Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wondering Woman

I’m wondering how we manage to keep it all together here in the office in the middle of the temporada alta.


I’m wondering how many students will be affected by the part of the school that I helped build in a nearby town yesterday. The emotional impact is intense for me.

I’m wondering about the upbringing of some students that come to Costa Rica and how my parents managed to do such a wonderful job of raising my siblings and me to be worldly individuals.

I’m wondering how I was raised to be polite, courteous and respectful of all cultures and people. I think this is innate part of being human, but I’ve seen evidence that proves me wrong.

I’m wondering how many cups of coffee Costa Ricans consume throughout the year…or maybe just in a day.

I’m wondering about the impact of the people that come into my life and how every day I am being shaped into a better person.

I’m wondering how many times I’ll have to run my 2 mile loop here before the men get tired of yelling ‘machita’ at me in the morning. Sigh, I probably can’t put a number on this.

I’m wondering when my heart rate will return to normal after the Café Britt coffee tour this morning and unlimited samples of coffee at my disposal.

The wondering wanderer,
Jessica Lynn


On another note: When I finish with my group in here in Heredia, I'm going to Monteverde! Yes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment