Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Well, That Was Awkward

No one informed my host family that I was leaving today.

So when I walked out to breakfast at 6:45 a.m. with luggage in hand, it made for a rather uncomfortable moment. My mama tica looked at me in horror when I casually said, “Pues, me voy orita, ¡gracias por todo!” Well, I’m off soon, thanks for everything! She frantically started asking, “What’s wrong? What happened? Why are you leaving? Did we do something?”

I was just as confused as she was. CPI and I apparently didn’t mention that I wasn’t going to be here for the full week. Oops. Luckily, I still got breakfast and a goodbye hug out of it all.

Más incómodo que sacarle un cólico a un gato. More awkward than trying to squeeze a fart from a cat…

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment