Friday, July 8, 2011

Open House for the 'Puppy'

Knocked out a 21km (13 miler) this morning! I was up and at it before the roosters even started in. I love my morning runs. : )

Heading to Manuel Antonio for the next day and a half with my group, and then I'm grabbing a public bus back to Heredia to pick up an additional group for two weeks. The locura for me is about to begin!

On a slightly different note... After my run this morning, I was getting ready to go to work and had left the door open to my apartment. I had my back to the door eating my cereal, and when I turned around, there in the doorway stood Luna--the rottweiler. I nearly dropped my Honey Nut Cheerios.

She approached me looking all cute and fuzzy, so I stuck my hand out so she could smell my scent and lick my hand. I figure I should try to befriend these dogs (but not at the risk of losing a limb). She made herself at home very quickly checking out the bathroom, my bedroom, and then returned to the kitchen to try to eat the crackers on the kitchen counter. This entire process lasted about 3 minutes but it felt like a lifetime. At the conclusion of her tour, I patted her on the head and ushered her out, securing the door in the process...no sense in pushing my luck.

Time to get ready to go the playa. Manuel Antonio here I come. : )

Baby steps with the puppies,

Jessica Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment